- The Covid Safety Protocol Project will support businesses that are impacted by the economic disruptions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic across Northern Ontario during their continuing/re-opening efforts.
- Will provide businesses with access to capital of up to $5,000.00 in a non-repayable contribution to assist with the costs related to adapting to new or existing (As of March 15, 2020) operating protocols.
- A SME (Small, Medium Enterprise) ie. retail shops, restaurants, corner stores, etc., and businesses of strategic importance to the community.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises are defined as having less than 500 employees.
- Applicant has confirmed and attested that no other funding has been accessed for the same purposes and utilization that the Covid Safety Protocol Project is set out to fund.
- The SME must have been viable as of March 1, 2020.
- SME was Established before March 1, 2020.
Examples of Eligible Costs Acquired Between March 15th, 2020 and June 15, 2021:
- Customer and employee safety installations such as distancing signs for floors
- COVID-19 posters and displays
- Acquisition of barriers
- Widening of aisles
- Plexiglass and partitions, signage, and other business restructuring or equipment purchases required in support of adaptations that may be required
Examples of NON-Eligible Costs:
- Disposable Personal Protective Equipment
Funding is available until June 15, 2021 or until all funds have been allocated - Up to $5,000.00 non-repayable contribution for the SME applicant if costs have already been incurred or to an independent provider for protocol modifications necessary to conduct business due to Covid-19.
** Please Note HST will NOT be reimbursed***
Click the link below to request an application.